Sunday, October 22, 2017
Closing Survey! (add your link or comment below)
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Well, after a day working on hurricane cleanup I was so tired and exhausted that I only lasted a couple of hours before passing out. But since my whole body hurts today and I'll be taking it easy, I'm going to try to continue my reading today on my own.
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read! I'm still working on the very long The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep? I always try to participate.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Halfway through the readathon, and I haven't really been able to participate yet. Today is when everyone decided to help me with hurricane cleanup, and you have to jump at the opportunity when you have it! So today was spent on roof repairs and landscape cleanup. Now I am showered and exhausted and barely able to move. Perfect time to curl up in a chair with a pot of tea to finally get some reading done!
1. What are you reading right now? The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
2. How many books have you read so far? zero
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Same book. It's a long book.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Today has been nothing but interruptions. I'm hoping to have tonight to settle down and get some reading done.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nada
The Book Monsters are asking readathon participants to post a pic of their beverage and book. Well, I already finished my Spiced Pumpkin Frappe!
I'm currently back to just water, but will put on a pot of tea later this afternoon!
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell
The Passage by Justin Cronin
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
Wilderness by Lance Weller
A Dual Inheritance by Joanna Hershon
A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne