Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CHALLENGE: Books on the Brain Perpetual Challenge



This is another perpetual challenge that I have created for myself. In an attempt to remind myself of why I read ("for fun", "for an escape", "for entertainment", "to lose myself in something"), I want to re-read some of my favorite books.

This is my list of books that I've already read, and hope to read again. Some I may have already read numerous times (like The Stand and Swan Song), and others I may have read once and want to read again (like Wuthering Heights):

  1. Swan Song by Robert McCammon
  2. The Stand by Stephen King
  3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  4. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
  5. The Valley of Horses by Jean Auel
  6. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean Auel
  7. The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell
  8. Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell
  9. Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
  10. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  11. 1984 by George Orwell
  12. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  13. The Taking by Dean Koontz
  14. Cell by Stephen King
  15. The Long Walk by Stephen King
  16. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  17. In the Shadow of Man by Jane Goodall
  18. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
  19. Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
  20. The Passage by Justin Cronin
  21. Smonk by Tom Franklin
  22. Born Under a Million Shadows by Andrea Busfield

1 comment:

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

I remember reading the clan of the cave bear series as a sr. In high school & being blown away by the imagery and plot. Enjoy your re-reading!