Saturday, October 13, 2012

Time for a Read-a-Thon!


Well, it almost got by me! I just happened to see a post on Facebook yesterday about Dewey's bi-annual read-a-thon, checked the website and found out that it was scheduled for this weekend. I had no idea!

So I will be trying to join in today, but won't be able to fully commit. I'd already made plans to do a few things. So I'll be trying to read in between commitments.

Now for my brief introduction:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? South Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I want to finish up a couple of books that I've been enjoying and begin reading the classic The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I'm actually staying pretty healthy today, but I may sneak a few dark chocolates!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! My name is Heather and I've been blogging for... about 3 1/2 years I think it's been. I've got a lot of blogs, but my book blog is the only one I post on regularly. I am divorced with no kids, but I have four cats, a dog, a bird and a turtle! It's just me and the ZooCrew!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've been doing read-a-thons for the last few years, and I find I get more relaxed as the years go by. No pressure. I used to try to stay awake the whole 24 hours. These days I just try to get in as much reading as I can, but not exhaust myself doing so. After all, the whole point is to enjoy yourself!

My main goal today is to complete Me, Who Dove Into the Heart of the World by Sabina Berman, and The Wilderness by Lance Weller. If I can make it through the two of them, then I will start on The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and their reading!

6 comments:

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Cheering you on for #cheertamales!

It sounds like you have a great plan! I hope you enjoy the day!

Too Fond said...

Have a great readathon! #cheertamales

Cass said...

Hope you achieve all your reading goals today! I'm sure your pets will enjoy hanging out with you while you read :)

Rayna said...

I am here to cheer you on during this read-a-thon so remember just keep on keepin' on...Go Go Go!!! #cheertamales P.S. Hitchhikers Guide is one of my favorite books. I'm from South Florida too, Fort Myers.

Noxy said...

Hey, how's the Readathon going for you? Are you enjoying Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I like the first part of it best.

Good luck with the rest of the 'thon! *cheers*

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I've been blogging a little over 3 years and this is my 7th readathon. I, too, have gotten more relaxed during the event, I used to kind of freak out trying to do everything!

Read all day
Read all night
Read that book
'Til the morning light!

#CheerTamales