What I did do was get in a lot of hour-long naps!
And I spent time reading and editing my own book that I've been writing!
But as for really reading like I was supposed to be doing? Nope. Wasn't very good at that.
I think part of the problem was that I am currently reading four non-fiction books. And that generally means four "not fun" books. A read-a-thon really needs to have one or two fun and light fiction stories to get lost in, and I was lacking that. I've found myself currently under the obligation to read four non-fiction stories, and while they may be good books in their own right, it can be a little much to sit and just read non-fiction stories constantly. I am really craving a good fiction story right now, but I feel the pressure to get through at least two of these this week. So I am denying myself the fiction story right now. Argh!
Here's my pitiful end-of-the-readathon meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? It's always the hours after midnight that are the toughest for me.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Most of the ones I can think of would be really long books, and I think shorter books are a better option for a read-a-thon. All of my books were non-fiction, which aren't a good choice, but those are the books I'm obligated to review right now, so...
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. You guys always do great!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I never have any complaints about the way the read-a-thon is run, so nothing in particular stands out.
- How many books did you read? Zilch, but I got about halfway through one.... :(
- What were the names of the books you read? Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent
- Which book did you enjoy most? That would have to be the same one, I guess.
- Which did you enjoy least? Uhhhh...
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll read again, and I'll make promises to myself once again that I don't keep!