The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
The highly anticipated new novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Memory Keeper's Daughter
With revelations that prove as captivating as the deceptions at the heart of her bestselling phenomenon The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Kim Edwards now gives us the story of a woman's homecoming, a family secret, and the old house that holds the key to the true legacy of a family.
At a crossroads in her life, Lucy Jarrett returns home from Japan, only to find herself haunted by her father's unresolved death a decade ago. Old longings stirred up by Keegan Fall, a local glass artist who was once her passionate first love, lead her into the unexpected. Late one night, as she paces the hallways of her family's rambling lakeside house, she discovers, locked in a window seat, a collection of objects that first appear to be useless curiosities, but soon reveal a deeper and more complex family past. As Lucy discovers and explores the traces of her lineage00from an heirloom tapestry and dusty political tracts to a web of allusions depicted in stained-glass windows throughout upstate New York-the family story she has always known is shattered, Lucy's quest for the truth reconfigures her family's history, links her to a unique slice of the suffragette movement, and yields dramatic insights that embolden her to live freely.
With surprises at every turn, brimming with vibrant detail, The Lake of Dreams is an arresting saga in which every element emerges as a carefully place piece of the puzzle that's sure to enthrall the millions of readers who loved The Memory Keeper's Daughter.
Fang (Maximum Ride Series #6) by James Patterson
Angel says that Fang will be the first to die, and Angel is never wrong. Maximum Ride is used to living desperately on the run from evil forces sabotaging her quest to save the world—but nothing has ever come as close to destroying her as this horrifying prophetic message. Fang is Max's best friend, her soul mate, her partner in the leadership of her flock of winged children. A life without Fang is a life unimaginable.
When a newly created winged boy, the magnificent Dylan, is introduced into the flock, their world is upended yet again. Raised in a lab like the others, Dylan exists for only one reason: he was designed to be Max's perfect other half. Thus unfolds a battle of perfection versus passion that terrifies, twists, and turns . . . and meanwhile, the apocalypse is coming.
Also available this week:
- Awakened (House of Night Series #8) by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast
- The New Sonoma Diet: Trimmer Waist, More Energy in Just 10 Days by Connie Guttersen
- Three Seconds by Anders Roslund, Borge Hellstrom
- The Judas Gate by Jack Higgins
- Damage by John Lescroart
- Family Affair by Debbie Macomber
- A Hard Day's Knight (Nightside Series #11) by Simon R. Green
- Of Truth and Beasts: A Novel of the Noble Dead by Barb Hendee, J. C. Hendee
- March in Country (Vampire Earth Series #9) by E. E. Knight
- Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt by Patton Oswalt
- Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson Series #2) by Patricia Briggs
- Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
- The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
- The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality by Richard Panek
- Hell's Horizon (The City Trilogy Series #2) by Darren Shan
- Blood Challenge (Lupi Series #7) by Eileen Wilks
- Master of Smoke (Mageverse Series #7) by Angela Knight
- The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
- Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
- Mercy Blade: A Jane Yellowrock Novel by Faith Hunter
- Fired Up (Arcane Society Series #7) by Jayne Ann Krentz
- Hexbound: A Novel of the Dark Elite by Chloe Neill
- Shadowspell by Jenna Black
- Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland
- Tough Customer by Sandra Brown
- Chasing the Sun by Kaki Warner
- Finding Destiny by Jean Johnson
- Night School by Mari Mancusi
- A Little Bit Sinful by Adrienne Basso