Saturday, April 9, 2011

READ-A-THON (April 2011): Hour 12

So, I'm afraid that I took a short break from the read-a-thon, as a friend invited me out to Bokeelia to watch the sunset and eat some dinner. So I stepped out for a couple of hours, but I did take my book and got a couple of pages in!

Here's my mid-event meme:

1. What are you reading right now? I only have a couple of pages left to read of The Nobodies Album by Carolyn Parkhurst!
2. How many books have you read so far? 0
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I haven't decided. I'm thinking of going with a "fun" book (instead of one I need to review, which tend to be "heavier" stories). Maybe a zombie story or a little light YA like Matched.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, other than letting my friend know that I would be busy. But he still invited me out to give me a break in the outdoors.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yep. This read-a-thon has been riddled with interruptions. I just resigned myself and dealt with them.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I've actually been getting some reading done, and joining in on fewer challenges!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really. I always think you guys do an awesome job!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I always say "read more", and I'm always sorely disappointed in how little I read.
9. Are you getting tired yet?A little, but not bad. And I said to heck with my diet today and brought a piece of chocolate cream pie home with me! So I've got that to use as a pick me up in the upcoming hours.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I have nothing to do but learn from everyone else. I'm so bad at this! I have horrible focus!

Of additional note: The most interesting thing I've turned up during the read-a-thon (while doing a little research for a mini-challenge)...

I'm just sayin'...

OK! Time to get back to reading and finish this book. Good luck everyone!

No comments: