Saturday, October 21, 2017
READATHON October 2017: Opening Meme
I'm getting a late start this morning. I've been running errands to get them out of the way and free me up a bit, but I still have obligations to see to. We are still going through hurricane cleanup down here in south Florida, and I have a family friend coming over today to replace some missing shingles on the roof and I have some landscaping to attend to. But I will be working at getting some reading done this weekend!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? South Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I'm drinking a Pumpkin Spice Frappe right now, and planning on making chili later!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a nearing 50 divorced woman with a ZooCrew of 3 dogs and 5 cats (and a sixth cat at work that will be coming home with me one of these days). I work in the software industry, and I just went through Hurricane Irma and am still cleaning up the after effects. I have a video of the hurricane as the eye closed in on us (I spent most of the storm outside recording).
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think I started with the readathon when it was one or two years old, so it's been awhile now. And I'm a bit older now. I don't think I was even 40 years old when I did my first readathon. So I don't have the same endurance that I used to have, and just take it easy now. I don't try to stay awake the 24 hours, and my goal these days is to just read as much as I can.
I've been in a bit of a reading slump, and I'm hoping maybe the readathon will help jump start my reading genes again. Let's get to it!