Sunday, April 19, 2009

Read-a-thon: Mini-Challenge by A Striped Armchair

This mini-challenge is brought to us by A Striped Armchair.

We were asked to either share a memory of Dewey (if we knew Dewey, which I didn't), or to check out her website and share something that we found that touched us somehow.

I found a post regarding Steinbeck's East of Eden, and in it Dewey writes: I really like the chapter that begins with a discussion of what Steinbeck calls monsters. He says that just as some people are born with physical deformities, so some people might be born with deformities of character, so that they may be missing a conscience or empathy or some other quality most of us consider essential. My personal opinion does match his."

I love that! That is so true and accurate! Steinbeck put that very well!

3 comments:

Kailana said...

this is a perfect mini-challenge. :)

Blodeuedd said...

Such a great challenge :)

Keep up the good reading

Eva said...

I loved her discussion of East of Eden, since it was one of her favourite books and I loved it too!