Thursday, November 19, 2009

Introducing...The Shack by William P. Young

March unleashed a torrent of rainfall after an abnormally dry winter. A cold front out of Canada then descended and was held in place by a swirling wind that roared down the George from eastern Oregon. Although spring was surely just around the corner, the god of winter was not about to relinquish its hard-won dominion without a tussle. There was a blanket of new snow in the Cascades, and a rain was now freezing on impact with the frigid ground outside the house; enough reason for Mack to snuggle up with a book and a hot cider and wrap up in the warmth of a crackling fire.

3 comments:

Greg Zimmerman said...

I've heard nothing but great things about this book. It's near the top of my TBR pile.

Cool blog, too - I'm following now!

Greg
http://thenewdorkreviewofbooks.blogspot.com

Staci said...

I liked the first half of this book only....skimmed the rest of it.

UK said...

At first I was so shocked by the beginning I almost put the book down! Thankfully I read on!!! For me the greatest gift was seeing the wonderful way God meets us were we are...How loving! To see how judgemental I am so often without EVEN understanding or having any way of knowing the details of each precious life. I am blessed, humbled and so encouraged by this book. I bought 5 copies to give out immediately and it is really interesting the feed back so far. Great discussion topic!