I have just begun reading some Young Adult books (beginning with Hunger Games and Maximum Ride), and I've found that I've really enjoy them.
Here's the rules:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, paper all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your Young Adult novels will be listed. Include the URL so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
I'm going with the Mini YA Reading Challenge of 12 books. Here's my list to choose from so far (with links to my reviews as I finish each book):
- Beginner's Luck by Laura Pedersen
- Best Bet by Laura Pedersen
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Vixen by Jillian Larkin
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
- Maximum Ride: School's Out by James Patterson
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure by Allan Richard Shickman
- Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country by Allan Richard Shickman
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner