Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (03-16-10 edition)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's Teaser:

"Oh yes," says Mr. Bernard, "I explained how you've been laboring so intently for twelve dollars an hour in an effort to save for an automobile that I thought it highly doubtful you would be inclined to embezzle."

-- Beginner's Luck by Laura Pedersen, page 132

7 comments:

jlshall said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Love that cover!
Here's my teaser.

Allison Vaughn said...

I don't know why - but I laughed a little. Great teaser!

Allison
My Teaser: The Unit

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Ha! That's a good teaser.

Here's mine on Rose City Reader.

tweezle said...

Embezzle? Sounds like she's in trouble.

Here's my teaser for this week.

Staci said...

he thinks she would embezzle because 12/hour is so much???? He's off his rocker!!! Great teaser!

Phyl said...

What an entertaining and amusing teaser! Just the sort of choice that intrigues the reader and makes them want to know more. I love that kind of humour.

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Tooo cute :)