Thursday, April 25, 2013

Introducing...The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin

Introducing books through the first chapter or so...

He is flying.

Is this how I will remember him? As I watch him lying vanquished, defeated by the one thing even he could not outmaneuver, I understand that I will have to choose my memories carefully now. There are simply too many. Faded newspaper articles, more medals and trophies than I know what to do with; personal letters from presidents, kings, dictators. Books, movies, plays about him, and his accomplishments; schools and institutions proudly bearing his name.

-- The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the cover of this novel - very clean and deco-ish! Of course, I enjoy Melanie's writing. Can't wait to read it!