Sunday, April 27, 2014

READATHON (Spring 2014): End-of-Event Meme



Well, it's the end of the read-a-thon, and of course I wimped out on the end! I fell asleep around hour 17, I think. I left the TV on, and figured I'd just nap and get up in a bit. But I forgot that I'd accidentally turned on the timer. So the TV turned off on me, and I didn't wake up for hours. And by then I'd been so deep in sleep, I didn't want to drag myself out of it! So I just turned out the light and went back to bed.

End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Well, I'd say hour 17, given that's when I fell asleep!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Nope. I usually just read whatever I'm already reading. Sometimes they may be high-interest, sometimes not. Sometimes (like this time) they are huge books. I've been reading an 800-pager this time!
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. Everyone did awesome!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think the prize form was a good addition. It'll probably help the organizers on the back end.
  5. How many books did you read? Still reading. Didn't complete one.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? I've been reading Natchez Burning by Greg Iles, and The Conditions of Love by Dale M. Kushner.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? I am loving Natchez Burning!
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Well, that would just leave the other one, but I am actually enjoying it as well.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I am most definitely not a cheerleader.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Definitely. I'll always be a reader. I've been participating for...I think five years now.

Thanks so much to all of the hosts, organizers and cheerleaders (as well as donators of prizes). You all did a great job! See you back here next fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)