Saturday, April 26, 2014

READATHON (Spring 2014): Mid-Event Meme


Well, we're halfway there! Of course, I haven't gotten that far in my reading, but I am making some headway.

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? Natchez Burning by Greg Iles
2. How many books have you read so far? Been working on the same one. It's 800 pages. But I've also read a little of The Conditions of Love by Dale M. Kushner.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm really enjoying Natchez Burning!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. One of the pluses of not having kids!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I interrupt myself all the time! I have a very short attention span. I just go with it. Food craving? Head to the store and get some groceries to cook! Feeling tired? Take a nap! Feel like listening to the birds and smelling the jasmine in bloom? Head outside and lounge!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  I was a little surprised that we got over 800 joining in this year. And I was surprised to win one of the door prizes. Yay me!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope! The hostesses always do such a great job or organizing the event, and the cheerleaders make their rounds "cheer"-fully!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing!
9. Are you getting tired yet? I've already taken a short nap. And I won't make it all night. I'm just trying to get in as much reading as possible.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nope, I am the wrong person to ask!

Now I think it's time for a shower and some laundry and dishes, and then I'm gonna put some cookies in the oven to bake and do some more reading. Keep it up everyone!

No comments: