Saturday, April 26, 2014

READATHON (Spring 2014): Opening Meme



Well, I'm gonna go ahead and get a jump on this, since I'm hampered this year by having no laptop. It's going to be trickier getting in updates and posts.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? sunny South Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I may not get beyond one, unless I get bored and switch over to another. The main book I'll be concentrating on is Natchez Burning by Greg Iles.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I didn't buy anything special this year. I actually have healthy snacks like fruit and pretzels and yogurt dip. But I do have some movie snacks to dip into, if I need a sugar rush!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a divorced blogger who's been running this blog for five years now. I share my home with two dogs, three cats, a lovebird and a fish (you can see some of the gang on the sidebar). Oh, and currently an older brother as well! In my regular life I work at a software company as Sales Director and assist with tech support.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm just taking it easy and enjoying myself. No pressure. However I may get to spend time outside this year, as I bought a lounging chair for the backyard last night!

I hope everyone enjoys their time today! Let's get reading!

UPDATE: I am a slow reader, and I have a short attention span, combined with a lot of animals demanding attention. Bad combination! So my personal goal this readathon is to read 150 pages in Natchez Burning and 50 pages in The Conditions of Love. If I can do that much, then good for me!

2 comments:

Stacy at The Novel Life said...

oooo I've been wanting to read Greg Iles new book but haven't gotten to it yet - hope it's as great as it sounds! I bet it's a good one for the readathon!

and your snacks sound perfectly yummy - can I come crash at your place?!? I'm eating oatmeal now. . .not quite as glamorous as fruit.

Enjoy your day! and don't forget to get up and stretch a bit :-)

Anonymous said...

I think that if i were doing the readathon, instead of just cheering, I'd stick to one book too. I'm not good at changing gears while i'm reading.
Cheers from Team Butler.