A historical novel of the legendary Eleanor of Aquitaine and the one person she loved more than power-her rival for the throne. At only nine, Princess Alais of France is sent to live in England until she is of age to wed Prince Richard, son of King Henry II and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. Alais is an innocent pawn on the chessboard of dynastic marriage, her betrothal intended to broker an uneasy truce between the nations. Estranged from her husband, Eleanor sees a kindred spirit in this determined young girl. She embraces Alais as a daughter, teaching the princess what it takes to be a woman of power in a world of men. But as Alais grows to maturity and develops ambitions of her own, Eleanor begins to see her as a threat-and their love for each other becomes overshadowed by their bitter rivalry, dark betrayals, conflicting passions, and a battle for revenge over the throne of England itself.
REVIEW: I recently reviewed this book, and may see my review here.
GIVEAWAY: Author Christy English has graciously offered an autographed copy of The Queen's Pawn to one winner.
Rules (you knew there had to be some):
- You must be 18 years or older
- This giveaway is open to the US and Canada
- To enter, just comment below. Be sure to leave your email address in your comment, or have it visible in your profile.
- For extra entries: follow my blog, follow me on Facebook or via Networked Blogs, and/or blog about this contest. One extra entry for each. Sidebars are okay.
- Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- That's a total of 4 possible entries!
- Those who don't follow the rules risk being disqualified.
Good Luck! Ready, Set, Go!