Saturday, October 9, 2010

Primed and Ready To Go for the Read-a-thon

Ready, set, go! And we're off! It's time for the October 24-hour Read-a-thon, and I'm all set. I've got my books...

I'm settled on the couch and I've got chips, candy, chocolate tres leches cake, margherita pizza, and soda (which I almost never drink otherwise). Time to get to it. I only have about 150 pages left in The Queen's Pawn, and I am only about 280 pages into Under the Dome. I think I may start on The Maze Runner after I finish The Queen's Pawn.

I've done this read-a-thon a couple of times now, and each time I swear that I will spend more time reading and less time blogging. I vow that once again this year! My goal is to simply read more than last year, which shouldn't be too difficult! Last year I only read about 245 pages. In order to do this, I need to do fewer mini-challenges. I always get too caught up with the computer and not enough with the books.

Hmmmm... the host wants me to mention 3 things about me?
  1. I have 5 cats (Fancy, Momma, Simon, Delilah and Shotsie), a lovebird (Odie) and a turtle (Eleanor).
  2. I am living in a beautiful south Florida, which has suddenly gone from hot and humid to pleasantly sunny and comfortable!
  3. I have an embarrassingly overgrown lawn and garden beds.
I'll be checking in here, and I'll see you all at the finish line! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I love your pile! I really want to read Maze Runner, and I love Under the Dome- I know it's a long book but if you love Stephen Kind then it makes a great readathon selection!

Cheering you on for Team Metaphor!

Mika said...

Good luck!
You got a really great pile there ;)

http://readathon-x.blogspot.com

Mystica said...

You have a nice selection there. Enjoy.

tanabata said...

I know what you mean, it's so easy to get caught up with the computer and forget to read. Good luck though, I hope you have a great day of reading!
And 5 cats?! We have 2 and sometimes they're quite the handful but I also wouldn't mind having another one or two someday.