Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hour 10 into the 24-hour Read-a-thon: Pet Pics, Prized Pages and Pachyderm Prose

 
This challenge is hosted by Lynne's Book Reviews. The first part of the challenge is to post pics of our animals. I'll post my five cats...

First there are 6-year-old brother and sister Simon and Delilah...

And there is my oldest girl Fancy, who is about 9 years old...

This is a cute shot I got of her the other day...
 

And earlier today, while reading, I felt someone get up by my feet at the end of the couch. When I took a break from reading, I looked down to see this...
Nearer is my youngest addition Shotsie, who is about 4 years old. Furthest away is the momma of Simon and Delilah (whom I call "Momma"). I'm guessing she is around 9 years old, but she was a stray that I took in and don't really know her age. What is surprising about this photo is that these are the two "anti-social" cats. Shotsie doesn't want anything to do with any of the cats, as she gets picked on all of the time by Simon and Delilah, and Momma only gets along with her daughter Delilah. But recently I've seen these two cats sharing the couch together, as they seem to forge some sort of understanding with one another. This makes me happy. They could each use an alliance.

The second part of this challenge was to think of a favorite book dealing with animals, and create a sentence based on that animal's name. One of my favorites is Modoc: The True Story of the Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived by Ralph Helfer. (And she happens to be a pachyderm, so she really ties in with this challenge!)

So with this in mind, here is my sentence:

Modoc makes merry mayhem, making monkeys mellow.

And here's an update on my read-a-thon status:
  • Currently Reading: Switching between The Queen's Pawn by Christy English and The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I am almost done with The Queen's Pawn
  • Minutes Read: 214
  • Pages Read: 107
  • Mini-Challenges completed: 6
  • Blogs Visited:  4
(I must confess that I took a little nap this afternoon. So that has taking a bite out of my reading!) Keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

tanabata said...

Aww, they're adorable! Life is always better with cats!