Thursday, July 16, 2009

Introducing...Mother of the Believers by Kamran Pasha

(Since the first paragraph or two are so short, this week I am doing several opening paragraphs as an introduction to this book.)

In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate

What is faith?

It is a question I have asked myself over the years, dear nephew, and I am no closer to the answer now than I was when my hair was still crimson like the rising dawn, not the pale silver of moonlight as it is today.

I write this for you, because I know I am dying. I do not complain, for there are times I wished I had died many years ago or, better yet, had never been born. My heart looks at the trees, whose life consists of no more than dreams of the sun and memories of the rain, and I envy them. There are times when I wish I were one of the rocks that line the hills beyond Medina, ignored and forgotten by those who tread upon them.


* Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
* Pub. Date: April 2009
* ISBN-13: 9781416579915
* 560pp

No comments: