Thursday, July 30, 2009

Introducing...The Onion: Dispatches from the Tenth Circle

Ever heard of The Onion? They are America's Finest News Source, and an oft' times raucously funny news spoofing outfit. They have totally made up factual and ridiculous newsworthy stories that are utterly fascinating. Sometimes offensive or shocking, I (and millions of others) find them hysterical. I first learned of them when my co-worker Paul brought in one of their books several years ago, Dispatches from the Tenth Circle, and I was in love!

They have stories like Apple Claims New iPhone Only Visible to Most Loyal Customers, Rickey Henderson Disappoints Nation with Humble, Heartfelt Hall of Fame Speech, and Study: Most Children Strongly Opposed to Children's Healthcare.

However my all-time favorite has to be God Answers Prayers of Paralyzed Little Boy: 'No,' Says God. I always loved the irony. God answered-- he just said "no". Sensitive individuals need not read the article. The Onion is not for the weak of heart.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I've read this in the past and enjoyed it!!