Thursday, October 1, 2009

CHALLENGE: R.I.P. IV

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril...IV Challenge!
September 1-October 31, 2009

Carl V of Stainless Steel Droppings is hosting the 4th annual Readers Imbibing Peril challenge to usher us in to Halloween.

There are two simple goals to the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge:
1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.

As is done every year, there are multiple levels of participation that allow you to be a part of R.I.P. IV, without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives.

Peril the First:
Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.

Peril the Second:
Read Two books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.

Peril the Third:
Read One book of any length, from any of the subgenres listed earlier in the post.

Short Story Peril:
This is for those of you who read R.I.P. related short stories any time during the week and want to write about them.

To find out more or to sign up, visit R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril…IV!

I'm going to try for the Peril the First, although I'm not sure whether I will make it, given that I'm joining in late and have some other reading obligations this month. But I'll shoot for it. Here is my pool of books that I have to choose from:
  • City of the Dead by Brian Keene
  • Ghoul by Brian Keene
  • Hideaway by Dean Koontz
  • Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (DONE)
  • Liquid Soul by Matthew Carter
  • Prey by Rachel Vincent
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • Fragment by Warren Fahy


I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a couple of books in during the 24-hour Read-a-thon later this month. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: