Okay. Halfway there. Here is my halfway update meme:
1. What are you reading right now? I just read a chapter in The Postmistress, and now will be switching back over to The Hunger Games.
2. How many books have you read so far? I finished reading The Heretic Queen, which I started and had almost completed before the thon began.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I've been looking forward to The Hunger Games for months, so I look forward to continuing with it in the second half.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. Just made some trips to the store today for supplies of junk food. Otherwise it's all about me! (No kids or hubby to worry about, and the cats are perfectly happy with me reading.)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I constantly interrupt myself. I don't know how to deal with me!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I still spend so much time blogging, even though I'm making a concerted effort this time to cut down on the challenges!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not yet. Everything is running fine.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I have no idea. Stock up on supplies the day before for one. Have everything setup and ready to go.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I'm okay right now. I did take a nap this afternoon.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nope. Most of the others seem to be doing so much better than me at committing to reading.
So that's where we are at the halfway mark. Now it's time to heat up the oven and toss in a California Pizza Kitchen frozen Garlic Chicken pizza. Have fun everyone!