July 1, 2009 - February 28, 2010
As a lover of animals, I have to join the "What an Animal" Challenge! The rules for the What an Animal II Challenge are simple:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like ;o)
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from July 1, 2009 to February 28, 2010. That’s 8 months to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28th ;o).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
9. Sign up with Mr. Linky (click on the green Mister Linky text and a window will pop up to let you enter your name and URL). Please sign up with the specific post announcing the challenge if you are a blogger. If you do not have a blog, sign up with your name and leave the URL field blank. Thanks!
10. Have fun!!
Here's my list of books that I currently intend to read for this challenge:
- Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz
- Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
- Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (DONE)
- Prey by Rachel Vincent
- Ravens by George Dawes Green
- Rescued: Saving Animals from Disaster by Allen and Linda Anderson