Saturday, April 21, 2012

READATHON APRIL 2012: Hour 1

Today is Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon, for which I've really been really looking forward. Unfortunately I had a lot of stuff come up today, so I may not be able to get too much reading in. We'll see how it goes!

In the meantime, here is my introduction:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? South Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I would just love to make some progress on The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's a monster of a book!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I actually haven't bought any yet, knowing that I won't be able to do a full-on readathon this year.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a little bit techie, a little bit rock and roll. Currently the caretaker of a dog, four cats, a lovebird and a turtle. I've been book blogging for three years this month.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? It's all about fun. No expectations!

Hope everyone enjoys themselves today! Now get to it!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Woo, The Passage is a heck of a choice for the readathon. That's a long one! It's one I've been meaning to read for a long time, too.

Hope you manage to get a bunch of reading in even though stuff has come up. Happy reading! =)

Preet said...

Man, you picked one massive book to read! Hope you're making through some of it!

2, 4, 6, 8; there's more plot on page 168

Have fun!

Lisa said...

I always waver between doing a lot of smaller books or using this big chunk of time to really make progress on a big book. Good luck with The Passage!

Maree said...

Fun IS the key! I hope you're having a fun readathon! :D *\o/*

carol said...

Hope you're having fun, even if you did have some things come up.