Well, it almost got by me! I just happened to see a post on Facebook yesterday about Dewey's bi-annual read-a-thon, checked the website and found out that it was scheduled for this weekend. I had no idea!
So I will be trying to join in today, but won't be able to fully commit. I'd already made plans to do a few things. So I'll be trying to read in between commitments.
Now for my brief introduction:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? South Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I want to finish up a couple of books that I've been enjoying and begin reading the classic The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I'm actually staying pretty healthy today, but I may sneak a few dark chocolates!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! My name is Heather and I've been blogging for... about 3 1/2 years I think it's been. I've got a lot of blogs, but my book blog is the only one I post on regularly. I am divorced with no kids, but I have four cats, a dog, a bird and a turtle! It's just me and the ZooCrew!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've been doing read-a-thons for the last few years, and I find I get more relaxed as the years go by. No pressure. I used to try to stay awake the whole 24 hours. These days I just try to get in as much reading as I can, but not exhaust myself doing so. After all, the whole point is to enjoy yourself!
My main goal today is to complete Me, Who Dove Into the Heart of the World by Sabina Berman, and The Wilderness by Lance Weller. If I can make it through the two of them, then I will start on The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
I hope everyone enjoys their day and their reading!