Friday, July 5, 2013

DNF: The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud

I am abandoning this book. It's not that it is "bad" per se, but I just can't get into it right now. The writing style is not really a comfortable fit for me, and I have so many other books to get to that I just can't waste too much time trying to muddle through a book I'm really not enjoying.

I was reading this for my book club. I'll be meeting with them this weekend to see what the rest of the group thought about it.


UPDATE 7/8/13: I had my book club meeting this past weekend, and the consensus was that this was not a great book, and everyone seemed hesitant to recommend it to anyone. Several people were like me and had not finished the story, and those who had seemed let down by the ending. Nearly everyone gave it a "C" rating. One gave it a "B", and another a "D", but the majority agreed it was mediocre at best.

No comments: