Souping is the new juicing!
When Angela Blatteis and Vivienne Vella set out to create Soupure, the LA-based soup company at the forefront of the souping movement, they wanted to share the power of healing soups with the world. With a few simple, delicious recipes they've helped people lose weight, boost their energy, and feel better every day. Now with THE SOUP CLEANSE they are bringing their satisfying, 100 percent good-for-you, whole food-based soups straight into your kitchen.
With more than 50 delicious recipes and a flexible, easy-to-follow detox program, you'll learn how to nourish and purify your body while flooding it with essential nutrients. You will sip your way through high-fiber soups packed full of regenerative whole food ingredients. Unlike juicing and many other quick-fix diets, THE SOUP CLEANSE is built on simple, satisfying recipes that won't leave you feeling hungry or deprived, making it accessible and easy to stick to-even for those with the busiest lifestyles.
Get ready to rejuvenate, revitalize, and reclaim your health-one sip at a time!
Hardcover, 240 pages
Published December 29th 2015 by Grand Central Life & Style
ISBN 1455536660 (ISBN13: 9781455536665)
I came upon this book quite fortuitously. I had learned of Soupure on the Today Show, and checked them out online where I learned of this book. I thought, "I wonder whether Netgalley would have this book?" Sure enough, it did!
I got side-tracked by the flu, and this book wound up expiring before I was able to give it a thorough review and try any of the recipes. However I can tell you the following:
- There is an introduction to how the company Soupure began, and the thinking behind the soup cleanse.
- The book includes beautiful photography, and I loved the colors that reminded me of cantaloupe and honeydew melon and lemons.
- It offers up guidelines for several cleanse options, including one-day, three-day and five-day cleanses. You can make the cleanse as extreme or easy as you wish. Go totally raw with no dairy or meat, or do a modified cleanse.
- It includes a list of ingredients that are great for detoxification, like almonds, flax, pineapple and turmeric.
- It instructs how to choose and prepare for your cleanse.
- It includes a detox journal and worksheet for you to log physical complaints before you start the cleanse, and how you feel after the cleanse has been completed.
- It includes broths, cold soups, hot soups and even infused waters.
- It also includes some other recipes for a less restrictive "mini-cleanse", like Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad with greens and cherry tomatoes, and even a dessert of Chocolate Soup with Sea Salt, Almonds and Whipped Coconut Milk.
Check out the Soupure website, to get a better idea what they are about, or to order their book.
My Rating: A-
The Cerebral Girl is a forty-something blogger just digging her way out from under a mountain of books in the deep south of Florida.