Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (05/26/09 edition)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's Teaser:

"Thursday's my birthday. I would be twenty-five--"
"Would be?" Samantha repeated and a chill swept through her blood.
"--you remember. I called you nine years ago, and you told me to get lost. You didn't listen, and--"

(Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson, page 138)

8 comments:

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

And??? They leave it at And???? What happened?? Great teaser!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Nicole said...

Great tease! I so want to know the end of that sentence.

rajm said...

s/he's been cut off in the middle of a sentence - painful! (and interesting)

Phyl said...

That's not merely intriguing, that's outright unnerving. Excellent choice for a teaser!

And my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Dar said...

Oh my, that is one good teaser. I'd love to know what happened after that. lol. My teaser is here

Ladybug said...

Ohh, I want to know more!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, great idea! I will have to do this. It falls right in line with my book party!

avisannschild said...

Wow, this is a great teaser! I'm dying to find out more!