*This is a challenge that anyone can join, no matter what types of books they like to read. You should be able to find books from any genre that will work.
*Dates: January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009
*The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories. (Note: For each category, I have linked to the reviews posted so far for that category. This may be helpful in choosing books.)
1. A book with a "profession" in its title. Examples might include: The Book Thief, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Historian
2. A book with a "time of day" in its title. Examples might include: Twilight, Four Past Midnight, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
3. A book with a "relative" in its title. Examples might include: Eight Cousins, My Father's Dragon, The Daughter of Time
4. A book with a "body part" in its title. Examples might include: The Bluest Eye, Bag of Bones, The Heart of Darkness
5. A book with a "building" in its title. Examples might include: Uncle Tom's Cabin, Little House on the Prairie, The Looming Tower
6. A book with a "medical condition" in its title. Examples might include: Insomnia, Coma, The Plague
*You may overlap books with other challenges, but please don't use the same book for more than one category.
*This challenge will include occasional prizes. There is no set schedule. Be sure to check in once a while to see if there are any contests going on. There will also be a prize awarded at the conclusion to one participant who completes the challenge.
My list so far:
- PROFESSION: The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (DONE)
- TIME OF DAY: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- RELATIVE: Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell (DONE)
- BODY PART: Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson (DONE)
- BUILDING: The Shack by William P. Young (currently reading)
- MEDICAL CONDITION: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (DONE)