Saturday, October 18, 2014

READATHON: Mid-Event Survey (Hour 12)


Wow! I can't believe we're halfway through the read-a-thon! Both because I've read so little, and because I've slept so little. Usually reading makes me sleepy, and I have to take a few quick naps, but not a single one today! But coughing isn't really conducive to reading...

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now? Still on A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I'm determined to finish it before I start on another!
2. How many books have you read so far? That's it. Just reading the one for now.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Still looking forward to trying out A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Tons of distractions, and most are caused by me (and five little furry devils that are running around), and technology. I have a short attention span. So I read for 20 minutes, and get distracted. Read for another 10, get distracted. Read for 30, and...   ....   ....  what was I saying?
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Just that it is going by so fast this year. I guess that's what happens when you get treated for anemia, so you aren't spending all of your time just trying to stay awake!

Okay. Now I'm off for a quick shower, and then more reading. I'm in the final stretch with this book, and I'm determined that this will be the first read-a-thon that I read an entire book (even if it's a short book)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job! It is okay to take breaks when you can. Enjoy the rest of your #readathon.

--Janel from #TeamHughes