Saturday, October 18, 2014

READATHON: Opening Meme

Good morning! I'm a little late getting started this morning. I've been a bit under the weather, and am drugged up on cough medicine. We'll see how much reading I can get done with medicine-brain!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? A beautiful Southwest Florida! We're currently experiencing a "cool snap", which has us experiencing some lovely '60s in the mornings!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra. (I've actually already finished The Underground Girls of Kabul seen on the sidebar. Excellent book!)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The pacific veggie pizza I plan to have delivered from Dominos later: white sauce, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, onions, tomatoes and banana peppers with feta cheese and provolone on a thin crust. It's so good!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a divorced 40-something. I work in the technology field, selling and supporting software for a small company. I lived on the east coast and in the Pacific Northwest before moving back and now own my own home near my hometown. I share my home with two dogs, three cats and a bird (and currently my brother and his parrot as well).
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I probably won't do anything differently. The last couple of years I've taken it easy. No pressure. If I want to sleep...then I sleep. If I want to run out for something...then I do that. The goal is to simply get a lot more reading in than usual.

So here's hoping for a productive read-a-thon. I hope everyone enjoys their day!

No comments: