Sunday, June 2, 2024

The List-- June Edition



Six books I'm looking forward to this summer...



  1. The Days I Loved You the Most by Amy Neff
  2. Sky Full of Elephants by Cebo Campbell
  3. Nothing Less Than Magic by Stacy Finz
  4. Burn by Peter Heller
  5. Southern Man by Greg Iles
  6. State of Paradise by Laura van den Berg

  1. A story of enduring love, I've already pre-ordered The Days I Loved You the Most.
  2. I watched an interview with author Cebo Campbell about his book Sky Full of Elephants and was interested in what he wanted to explore in this novel. It isn't just a premise of "Oh, the world would have been so much better without the white man." Rather it is an exploration of how different the world would be without the white man-- both the positives and negatives. 
  3. Nothing Less Than Magic sounds like something right up my alley right now (I seem to be on a kick with books that have "magic" in the title-- the universe keeps bringing me these books as I scramble to grasp the magic in the world)! I won't share a little tidbit that I learned about this novel in order to avoid sharing spoilers, but let's just say that I'm intrigued!
  4. I loved Peter Heller's first book Dog Stars and I'm really looking forward to trying this novel about hunters emerging from the woods to find they are immersed in a world of secession.
  5. Greg Iles is another of my favorite authors and I've loved the first two books in this trilogy! He is a master at exploring the complexities of racism in the south, the dark beauty of the swamplands, and there is always an optimistic hope woven throughout. I'm looking forward to Southern Man-- the final book in the trilogy. 
  6. And State of Paradise takes place in Florida where I live, so you know that it has to be bizarre! An author, a tech company, virtual reality, Florida. That's a mix for a fun ride!
What are you most looking forward to this summer?

No comments: