Thursday, November 5, 2009

CHALLENGE: The Four Month Challenge Part Two

The Four Month Challenge Part Two
Hosted by Virginie Barbeau

So I've decided to go ahead and join in on this challenge, even though I'm sure I'll suck at it! :) I'm just such a slow reader that I don't do too well with most challenges. Too many books to read, and too little time!

But I'm giving it a shot. Since this is on a point system, I am not committing to reading a certain number of books-- I'm simply trying to get the highest score I can. I can handle that.

Virginie says that it would be great for people to post weekly updates regarding how the challenge is going, and how many points they acquired that week, but I think I'll shoot for monthly updates. I don't expect to be able to read enough to have an "exciting" weekly update. Here are the point challenges. I'm not sure about all the books yet, but I've but my current ideas in parentheses on each challenge:

5 Point Challenges

Read a book with a proper name in the title (Simon's Cat)

Read a book about a queen or king (The Last Queen or The Secret Bride)

Read a book by a Bronte (Jane Eyre)

Read a book about Vampires (Twilight)

Read a book by V.C. Andrews (probably Flowers in the Attic, as I haven't read it in so many years and loved it when I was a kid)


10 Point Challenges

Read a book by Canadian author (The Brutal Telling)

Read a book by Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol)

Read a book set in France (French Kiss)

Read a book by Georgette Heyer (Cousin Kate)

Read an ‘art’ themed book


15 Point Challenges

Read a book with a Civil War theme (any country)

Read a book with characters inspired by King Arthur or about King Arthur/Camelot (maybe The Crystal Cave)

Read a biography/autobiography (Thinking in Pictures)

Read a book related to or something by Shakespeare (My Name is Will)

Read a book by an author born in November, December, January or February


20 Point Challenges

Read a book with a wintry theme (Christmas, snow, ice, freezing etc.) (The Shack)

Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction (The Road)

Read a book that begins with A and one that begins with Z (All of Me, ?)

Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100

Read a book and then write a review


And here we go!

1 comment:

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

I love the idea of this challenge, but it is a pretty big one. I signed up anway; here are my tentative choices.