Laurie Sandell grew up in awe (and sometimes in terror) of her larger-than-life father, who told jaw-dropping tales of a privileged childhood in Buenos Aires, academic triumphs, heroism during Vietnam, friendships with Kissinger and the Pope. As a young woman, Laurie unconsciously mirrors her dad, trying on several outsized personalities (Tokyo stripper, lesbian seductress, Ambien addict). Later, she lucks into the perfect job—interviewing celebrities for a top women's magazine. Growing up with her extraordinary father has given Laurie a knack for relating to the stars. But while researching an article on her dad's life, she makes an astonishing discovery: he's not the man he says he is—not even close. Now, Laurie begins to puzzle together three decades of lies and the splintered person that resulted from them—herself.
GIVEAWAY: Win a gently read hard copy of The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell
Read my review here.
Rules (you knew there had to be some):
- You must be 18 years or older
- Open to US and Canada residents only
- To enter, just comment below. Be sure to leave your email address in your comment, or have it visible in your profile.
- For extra entries, follow my blog and/or blog about this contest. One extra entry for each. Sidebars are okay.
- Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- That's a total of 3 possible entries!
- Those who don't follow the rules risk being disqualified.
Good Luck! Ready, Set, Go!