Wednesday, March 14, 2012

UPCOMING BOOK FESTIVAL: SW Florida Reading Festival

It's that wonderful time of year when all of the local readers join together for the annual Southwest Florida Reading Festival, occurring this year on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th.

I'm taking four books to try to get autographed:
 

Plus I intend to buy one or two books there as well, to support the festival (20% of the purchases go towards supporting the festival).

In addition to the authors above, some of the other authors attending and speaking will be:

Photo by Steve Ullathorne
Deborah Crombie
Author of No Mark Upon Her, Necessary as Blood, Where Memories Lie, In a Dark House, and others


Lisa Black
Author of Trail of Blood, Evidence of Murder, Takeover, and others


Jane Green
Author of Another Piece of My Heart, Promises We Keep, The Beach House, and others








...and many others!

Last year was my first time at the reading festival, and I've been looking forward to another chance to attend all year long. I spent about $100 on books at the festival last year, so I determined that this year I would take my own books, and then buy just one or two books at the festival, in order to help support it.

Another change this year is that I need to plan on my eating throughout the day. Last year I was starving, and I had a devil of a time finding something to eat, seeing as I am a pescatarian!

I'll update you on how it goes this weekend! I hope you guys enjoy your weekend as much as I am sure that I will!

No comments: