Saturday, April 27, 2013
Dewey's Spring Read-a-thon 2013: Hour 1
It's that time of year again, and it almost got by me... again. I just realized this week that it was time for the spring read-a-thon! I'm going to work to get a lot of reading in, but the fact is that my brother is moving back here, and I just learned last night that he'll be staying with me for awhile. So I have tons to do before he gets here within the next week or two! So while I'll try to do a lot of it tomorrow, I'm going to try and squeeze some projects in today as well.
But let's start out with a little reading.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Southwest Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm looking forward to finishing up The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cosmos Creations Salted Caramel flavor. Have tried these things? So good! I am also going to be making a small batch of the Cheesy Pesto Dip that was suggested by Heather on the read-a-thon site a few days ago.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I work in software sales and tech support. I love animals, and have a houseful. I am divorced and have no kids. When I'm looking to get out of the house, I love to visit art galleries, or to go hiking or kayaking.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've been doing these read-a-thons since probably 2010. I used to try and stay awake the whole time, but I take it much easier these days. The goal is to just get in more reading than usual. Spend the day reading, and not feel guilty doing it!
Have fun everyone!