Identical by Ellen Hopkins
Kaeleigh and Raeanne are 16-year-old identical twins, the daughters of a district court judge father and politician mother running for US Congress. Everything on the surface seems fine, but underneath run very deep and damaging secrets. What really happened when the girls were 7 years old in that car accident that Daddy caused? And why is Mom never home, always running far away to pursue some new dream? Raeanne goes after painkillers, drugs, alcohol, and sex to dull her pain and anger. Kaeleigh always tries so hard to be the good girl -- her father's perfect little flower. But when the girls were 9, Daddy started to turn to his beloved Kaeleigh in ways a father never should and has been sexually abusing her for years. For Raeanne, she needs to numb the pain of not being Daddy's favorite; for Kaeleigh, she wants to do everything she can to feel something normal, even if it means cutting herself and vomiting after every binge.
How Kaeleigh and Raeanne figure out just what it means to be whole again when their entire world has been torn to shreads is the guts and heart of this powerful, disturbing, and utterly remarkable book.
The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli
A unique and sweeping debut novel of an American female combat photographer in the Vietnam War, as she captures the wrenching chaos and finds herself torn between the love of two men.
On a stifling day in 1975, the North Vietnamese army is poised to roll into Saigon. As the fall of the city begins, two lovers make their way through the streets to escape to a new life. Helen Adams, an American photojournalist, must take leave of a war she is addicted to and a devastated country she has come to love. Linh, the Vietnamese man who loves her, must grapple with his own conflicted loyalties of heart and homeland. As they race to leave, they play out a drama of devotion and betrayal that spins them back through twelve war-torn years, beginning in the splendor of Angkor Wat, with their mentor, larger-than-life war correspondent Sam Darrow, once Helen's infuriating love and fiercest competitor, and Linh's secret keeper, boss and truest friend.
Tatjana Soli paints a searing portrait of an American woman’s struggle and triumph in Vietnam, a stirring canvas contrasting the wrenching horror of war and the treacherous narcotic of obsession with the redemptive power of love. Readers will be transfixed by this stunning novel of passion, duty and ambition among the ruins of war.
Solitary: Escape from Furnace 2 by Alexander Gordon Smith
After a failed escape attempt from Furnace, Alex is trapped in solitary confinement, where the real nightmares live.
Also available this week:
- William and Kate: A Royal Love Story by Christopher Andersen
- The Book of Spells (Private Series) by Kate Brian
- The Dealer: Mission 2 (Cherub Series) by Robert Muchamore
- Solitary: Escape from Furnace 2 by Alexander Gordon Smith
- Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
- Caveat Emptor by Ruth Downie
- The Mind-Body Mood Solution: The Breakthrough Drug-Free Program for Lasting Relief from Depression by Jeffrey Rossman
- The Top 10 Distinctions Between Winners and Whiners by Keith Cameron Smith
- The Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson, and the World's Greatest Royal Mystery by Greg King, Penny Wilson
- Scarlet Nights (Edilean Series #3) by Jude Deveraux
- The Last Pagans of Rome by Alan Cameron
- Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
- A Kingdom Far and Clear (Limited Edition): The Complete Swan Lake Trilogy by Mark Helprin
- Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook by Weight Watchers
- Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave! by Taste of Home
- A Place of Peace: A Novel by Amy Clipston
- Devil's Rock by Gerri Hill
- The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir
- Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
- The Red Door (Inspector Ian Rutledge Series #12) by Charles Todd
- Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
- How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal
- Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
- One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni