Here’s a brief recap of how to be a part of Fall Into Reading 2009, as outlined on her blog:
* Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
* Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky on her site.
* Get reading! The challenge goes from September 22nd through December 20th.
* Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
* Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling everyone all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun.
So here is my list, which I don't really have much hope of getting through. I'm a pretty slow reader, as I spend too much time blogging. But here is a list of the books I would love to get through:
- Mother of the Believers by Kamran Pasha (DONE)
- The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran (DONE)
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (DONE)
- Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (DONE)
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy (abandoned for now)
- City of the Dead by Brian Keene (DONE)
- Confessions of an Ivy League Pornographer by Sam Benjamin
- Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz
- Dark Ruby by Lisa Jackson
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
- The Shack by William P. Young (currently reading)
- Hunter by Campbell Jeffreys
- Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
- Liquid Soul by Matthew Carter
- Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (DONE)
- Showdown by Ted Dekker
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
So that's my list. We'll see how it goes!