The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.
The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels—first love, love between parents and children — that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.
From rural Georgia to New York City, a harrowing, evocative, and mesmerizing tale of murder and redemption
1939. In the small, rural community of Augusta Falls, Georgia, twelve-year-old Joseph Vaughan learns of the brutal assault and murder of a young girl, the first in a series of killings that will plague the community over the next decade. Joseph and his friends are determined to protect the town from the evil in their midst and they form "The Guardians" to watch over the community. But the murderer evades them and they watch helplessly as one child after another is taken. Even when the killings cease, a shadow of fear follows Joseph for the rest of his life. The past won't stay buried and, fifty years later, Joseph must confront the nightmare that has overshadowed his entire life...
- The Conversation: How Black Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships by Hill Harper
- Dark Visions: The Strange Power; The Possessed; The Passion by L.J. Smith
- Day after Night
- Dexter by Design by Jeff Lindsay
- A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
- The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment by A. J. Jacobs
- Level 26: Dark Origins by Anthony E. Zuiker
- The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
- The National Parks: America's Best Idea by Dayton Duncan
- Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to by Kathy Griffin
- Shooting Stars by LeBron James
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears by Pema Chodron
- Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother/Daughter Memoir by Sue Monk Kidd
- Why Our Health Matters: A Vision of Medicine That Can Transform Our Future by M.D., And Weil Andrew
- You Were Always Mom's Favorite: Sisters in Conversation Throughout Their Lives by Deborah Tannen