Monday, August 3, 2009

My Bookshelf

J. Kaye mentioned that Kyusi Reader is asking people to lift their skirts and show their bookshelves, and he'll do a little profile about what your shelves say about you.

I don't think I want to know what it says about me, but here are my bookshelves.


These are just the books that I've acquired in the last few months. These aren't TBR stock that is still packed in boxes from my move.

The top shelf is books that have been won online. I've been very lucky.











The top right is the books that are for some of my challenges.











I even have the shelves labeled.












The second shelf is books that I've bought in the last few months.











The third shelf holds some giveaway books that are gathering, and books that are being putting aside for book trades.








The fourth shelf holds reference books on subjects like gardening, cooking, crafts and home repairs and maintenance.










So that's my current bookcase. I have another couple of bookcases worth of books that are still in boxes, and probably at least half of those are unread as well.

The good news is that at least half of these were won, when in the past I would have acquired as many books, but would have spent my own money on them. And most of those that I've bought were on clearance, where in the past I would have bought them full-priced.

So I've gone from buying my drugs to getting them for free.

I'm not sure if I'm doing better or not!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking a little dangerous in there! Like they could tip over! I think many of us have that problem!

Libby's Library said...

I NEED more book shelves!!!

Jo-Jo said...

My shelves are looking pretty rough also! I love how you have them labeled though...my kids would just laugh at me if I did that.

Anonymous said...

I just bought one new set of book shelves and need to buy one more. I use the different bookcases around the house to separate my book like you have. Labels work too :)

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Your bookshelves say you have a fear of horizontal organization. :)