Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you

I've been very bad. I was lucky enough to have a few awards handed on to me over the last couple of months, and have been taking way too long to accept them and pass them on. I'm just never very good at that sort of thing, as I admitted to awhile back on my other blog. Aditionally I am (like many bibliophiles, I would imagine) something of an introvert and mildly socially awkward. That just makes for a bad award recipient! But here we go...

First I would like to thank Wendy of Wendy's Minding Spot for bestowing the Humane Award on me. She says:
Eleni @ /-LA FEMME READERS-/ made this award & here is what she said about this special award:

"I made the Humane Award in order to honor certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world."
So three of the blogs that fit this description the best (who often make such kind comments on my blog and make it something more than what it would be otherwise) are:

Rose City Reader

Jo-Jo Loves to Read
Little House in the Big Burbs

I also would like to pass it on to Maggie May of Flux Capicitor, not because of what she contributes to my blog, but for what she contributes to the world, and because she has possibly the kindest and most beautiful heart of anyone that I've "met" out on the worldwide web.

Next is an award that was actually passed on to me *gasp* over two months ago! The "One Lovely Blog Award" was passed on to me by Stacy of Stacy's Books. She says:
One Lovely Blog Award goes to new blogs and blogging friends.The rules are: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 5 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
So here are some "new to me" blogs that I would like to pass this on to:

Jamie's Rabbits
Staci of Life in the Thumb (I wasn't born in the thumb, but was born in the mitten.)
Book Soulmates
All About {n}

And last, but certainly not least, my thanks to Libby of Libby's Literary Library (and many other blogs) for the Heartfelt Award (love your new banner, Libby!) Here's what she said about this award:
Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when your relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.

Rules:
  • Put the logo on your blog/post.
  • Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside.
  • Be sure to link your nominees withing your post.
  • Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog.
  • Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
So these are two blogs that make me feel like I'm visiting with my girlfriends:

The Pioneer Woman
Hope Studios

So thank you to all of those who honored me with these awards! I make no promises of getting any better in future about acknowledging awards and such. I'm just really bad at this stuff! I would never be nominated president of the PTA (even if I had kids)!

11 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Congratulations on all your awards!

Staci said...

Congrats on those wonderful awards. Thanks ever so much for passing one on to me!! I was born in the mitten too!! actuall down by the wrist!! Now I just live in the thumb!! LOL!!

Libby's Library said...

Congrats and YW!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I sometimes get behind on awards too, but there's no expiration date so you're safe :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to get such great awards and know that you're liked and appreciated?! Congratulations and they're really well deserved.

Maggie May said...

you know what? i am having a really really hard week, and i really really needed something great like this. thank you so much.

Jennifer Juniper said...

You know just how to cheer a girl up. Thanks for helping me through my cry session this morning. Girlfriends are the best :)

Book Soulmates said...

Hi,

Thank you so much for the lovely award :) We really appreciate it!

Great blog by the way!

♥Isalys
Book ♥ Soulmates

Nely said...

Thanks so much Heather... of course, I ♥ awards. Who doesn't? Thanks again.

♥ Nely

The Big Burbs said...

Heather,
You certainly are SO deserving of these wonderful awards, being that you are an utterly humane, lovely, and heartful person---

I am so touched by your kindness. Thank you, thank you!
Kathy

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Well, thank you! Since my real life rep is along the lines of "blunt German with a tart tongue," it's especially nice that my blogger friends think I am "humane."

Like you, I am behind on posting or thanking people for awards. Yours will prod me to be better.