Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (08-04-09 edition)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's Teaser:

I laughed with delight as I rounded the corner that would lead to our gate. But when I saw our house, I stopped so suddenly that I almost lost my balance.

Mother of the Believers by Kamran Pasha, page 105

8 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

This doesn't sound like good surprise. Here is mine

Missy B. said...

Ok, what's wrong with the house? Or is it a good surprise? Great teaser!

Jo-Jo said...

Yikes...I wonder what she actually saw? I'm guessing it wasn't good. Thanks for the teaser!

Susan said...

Great teaser - yet another one for me to check out! I've got a couple of good teasers this week. Here's a link.

Cecelia said...

Those lines definitely create tension and suspense. Great teaser!

Check out mine here.

Anonymous said...

Hhmm. I hope all is well.

Nicole said...

I definitely sense something ominous about to happen! Great teaser. :) Here's mine.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Now that teaser has me wondering for sure...good one.