Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (08-25-09 edition)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's Teaser:

The two other girls and I, and we were not the only females in the camp, were chosen as the soldiers' "toys". This meant that when they got bored, or just for sadistic purposes, they would choose one of us and rape us, all of the soldiers would.

- from Lori's Song by Lori Foroozandeh, page 84.

(A reminder that this is the true story of what American Lori Foroozandeh endured as a POW in an Iranian encampment shortly after 9/11.)

9 comments:

Jess. said...

This teaser is so ... haunting, I guess would be the right word. I really would like to read this book.

My teasers are up at Find the Time to Read

Susan said...

Great teaser this week... just don't know if I could read this one though. You can find my teaser here.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I couldn't read this. It's way too disturbing. Here is mine.

Amy said...

Wow! This looks like a great book!

Cathy said...

This is a great teaser - it is horrifying the things that one human being can do to another.

Jo-Jo said...

Wow. This teaser makes me feel grateful for the country we live in.

Staci said...

That teaser was brutal and heartbreaking!

Staci said...

That teaser was brutal and heartbreaking!

Anonymous said...

Just knowing that this is a true story makes me think I could not make it through this book. I'm interested in seeing what you think though. Maybe you'll change my mind.