Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (08-18-09 edition)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's Teaser:

...Mike and I did not stay married very long. He confessed to marrying me because of my appearance, and the fact that I had won every dance contest at our school. Which, by the way, was due to my brother taking me out hunting with him, then pointing his .22 rifle at my feet and telling me to dance. I guess I was trained to dance quite enthusiastically.

Lori's Song by Lori Foroozandeh, page 7

(Note: By the way, this book is a memoir, not fiction. It is the story of an American woman in Iran who was arrested after 9/11 and held at a POW camp, tortured and starved. I'll have a review of it soon. I'm just starting it now.)

10 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Wow! Those are some serious dance lessons. Great teaser.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

That's a pretty tantalizing teaser! I love the cover of that book too!

kayerj said...

sounds like she's having bad luck with the men in her life. read my teaser here

Teddyree said...

LOL its probably not funny but that visual did have me laughing. Haven't heard of the book, hope you're enjoying it.
Here's my Teaser

Nise' said...

Sounds like Mike didn't deserve her! Great teaser.

Anonymous said...

Sad and funny. Great teaser!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

What a hilarious way to learn how to dance. I bet she did dance enthusiastically.

Hopefully things calm down in her life between the gun-dance lessons and the superficial ex-husband she needs something fun and exciting.

Booklover1335 said...

Great teaser! Mine's here and is from Julia London's Summer of Two Wishes.

Lisa said...

That's such an odd quote, considering the subject of the memoir. Very interesting!

Cecelia said...

The sentences made me laugh, and then your synopsis of the memoir made me suck in my breath. What a juxtaposition! Thanks for bringing the book to my attention - it sounds absolutely fascinating. Great teaser!

You can check out mine here.